Ferry that can be used to ship tokens between chains
A slower, simpler, but more secure method of bridging tokens.
- Too many bridge hacks from bugs, team rugs, anon devs, etc.
- Risks of infinite mints.
- Some chains have slow bridges (Arbitrum, Optimism, etc).
- Risk is capped by token amounts in bridge contracts. No risk of infinite mints.
- Slower transactions give more time for bad batches to be caught and stopped, assuming they are not cancelled automatically by bots.
- Crewmembers can pause contracts so any issues can be investigated.
- Captain is tricked into proposing a batch with a false hash AND all crewmembers bots are offline/censured/compromised and no one disputes the proposal.
- Reorgs on the source chain. Avoided, by only returning the transactions on the source chain that are at least one hour old.
- Rollbacks of optimistic rollups. Avoided by running a node.
- Operators do not have enough time to pause the chain after a fake proposal. Avoided by requiring a minimal amount of time between sending the proposal and executing it.