Frax Finance Stablecoin Protocol
The Frax Protocol issues innovative, decentralized stablecoins and contains subprotocols to support them. The Frax Protocol currently issues 3 stablecoins: FRAX, FPI, and frxETH. The Frax Protocol also has 3 subprotocols within it that integrate its stablecoins: Fraxlend, Fraxswap, and Fraxferry.
Core concepts to understand the unified Frax Finance ecosystem include:
- Three Stablecoins – The Frax Protocol currently issues 3 stablecoins. FRAX, a USD pegged asset. The Frax Price Index (FPI) stablecoin, the first stablecoin pegged to a basket of consumer goods creating its own unit of account separate from any nation state denominated money. FraxEther (frxETH), pegged to ETH for use as a replacement for WETH in smart contracts.
- Fraxswap, a native AMM – Fraxswap is the first AMM with time weighted average market maker orders used by the Frax Protocol for rebalancing collateral, mints/redemptions, expanding/contracting stablecoin supply, and deploying protocol owned liquidity onchain.
- Fraxlend, permissionless lending markets – Fraxlend is the lending facility for Frax-based stablecoins allowing debt origination, customized non-custodial loans, and onboarding collateral assets to the Frax Finance economy.
- Frax Share (FXS) as base layer governance token – Frax Share (FXS) is the governance token of the entire Frax ecosystem of smart contracts which accrues fees, revenue, and excess collateral value. FPIS is the governance token of FPI only and splits its value capture with FXS holders.
- Gauge Rewards System – The community can propose new gauge rewards for strategies that integrate Frax-based stablecoins. FXS emissions are fixed, halve each year, and entirely flow to different gauges based on the votes of veFXS stakers.
Website: https://app.frax.finance Telegram: https://t.me/fraxfinance Telegram (announcements / news): https://t.me/fraxfinancenews Twitter: https://twitter.com/fraxfinance Medium / Blog: https://fraxfinancecommunity.medium.com/ Governance (discussion): https://gov.frax.finance/ Governance (voting): https://snapshot.org/#/frax.eth